Monday, January 7, 2008

Free Mini Sock Pattern



Just fooling around w/ a mini sock pattern using 2 circs, toe up, short row heel. Took less than an hour so it was an IG project for sure. Sorry the picture is crummy, but I couldn't get a good close up. It really is kind of cute though.



The formula is as follows:
Small amount of fingering weight sock yarn. Size 1 circs (I used Addi Turbo's)
Using your favorite toe up cast on, cast on 2 stitches on each needle.
Row 1: K into front & back of each stitch (4 stitches on each needle)
Row 2: K
Row 3: K1, M1, knit to last stitch, M1, K1 around (6 stitches on each needle).
Row 4: K
Row 5: Repeat row 3
Work in st st for desired length (I did 12 rows).
Choose heel side.
Row 1: Knit to last stitch, W&T
Row 2: S1, purl to last stitch, W&T
Repeat rows 1 & 2 until there are only 2 unwrapped stitches.
Turn heel.
Row 1: Knit to 1st wrapped stitch, unwrap and knit, turn.
Row 2: S1, purl to 1st wrapped stitch, unwrap and purl, turn.
Repeat until all unwrapped stitches have been worked.
Resume knitting in the round for as many rows as you want (I did 12 again).
Work 2 rounds in K1, P1 ribbing.
Bind off and weave in ends.
Simple huh.

3 comments:

Carol said...

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing a (finally!) easy mini sock pattern!

Lynn said...

Thank you Carol! I too was frustrated with no "easy" mini sock patterns. Plus, I don't like working with DP needles. Keep checking back for more patterns as I come up with them!

Jeannie and Eldy said...

I just discovered your pattern. It looks doable. I'm so confused with all the different ways of doing heels and gussets! Does "unwrap" mean just bring the yarn around to the front? Thank you for any help on t his!